ISLAMABAD: Prime Minister Shehbaz Sharif said on Sunday that Pakistan hopes to host the next round of negotiations between the United States and Iran in the near future as diplomatic efforts continue to reduce tensions in the Middle East.
In a message posted on X, the prime minister said Pakistan would continue playing its role for peace “with utmost sincerity” and expressed optimism that Islamabad could soon host another important round of talks.
The statement came after US President Donald Trump held telephone discussions with leaders from several countries, including Pakistan, Saudi Arabia, the UAE, Qatar, Turkiye, Egypt, Jordan and Bahrain, regarding efforts to finalize a possible agreement with Iran.
Trump said the proposed agreement had been “largely negotiated,” though final details were still being discussed.
Pakistan was represented in the call by Chief of Army Staff Field Marshal Syed Asim Munir. Prime Minister Shehbaz later described the conversation as productive and praised Trump’s peace efforts.
Officials say Pakistan has emerged as a key mediator in efforts to ease tensions between Washington and Tehran following months of regional instability and disruptions to global trade routes.









