FO Rubbishes India’s ‘Baseless Assertions’ Linking Pakistan to Arrests of Terror Suspects

[post-views]

The Foreign Office on Monday rejected what it called “baseless assertions” by the Indian home minister linking Pakistan to recent arrests of terror suspects in India.

Earlier in the day, Indian Home Minister Amit Shah said security agencies had arrested more than 200 “terror operatives” allegedly linked to Pakistan, thwarting potential “subversive attacks” planned around India’s Independence Day last week, in what he described as one of the largest such crackdowns in years.

A multi-state operation targeting what Shah called a terror group, allegedly backed by the Inter-Services Intelligence (ISI), was carried out across 14 Indian states on August 12, three days before India marked its 80th year of independence from British colonial rule. Shah said the operation had recovered pistols, live cartridges, grenades allegedly bearing Pakistan Ordnance Factory markings, and crude bombs.

Leave a Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Latest Videos
[youtube-feed feed=2]